Saturday, July 11, 2009

Embracing a Concept vs. Embracing a Lifestyle

An interesting discussion arose this morning out of our regular Saturday morning breakfast at Panera Bread Co. that my wife and I have adopted over the past couple of years. We were discussing something and, you know me, I have turned it into a Theological issue. (No surprises there.)

I don't know if I am prepared to develop the thought much at this point. But I put the thought out there for your comments and for me to noodle on a little more. Here is the question that I am posing:

In our Christian lives do we all to often embrace the concept of Christianity without embracing the lifestyle changes that it requires?

What does that mean? Well, to me it means do we embrace the idea of Christianity without embracing the little things in life that are so important to be true followers of Jesus Christ?

What do you think?


Photo licensed under Creative Commons License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:35 PM

    You know me, I have opinions galore. On this one,It's like a song of years ago"Love and Marriage" one line that comes to mind,"You can't have one without the other"

    ReplyDelete
  2. One pastor asked an interesting question: Are we as Christians changing our culture, or is our culture changing us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous "You know me . . ." Not if you stay Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Norris Ward10:26 AM

    I think there's a lot of truth in Kevin's blog. A lot of people profess Christ as savior, but don't live the lifestyle of a committed christian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Norris, I think that this exemplifies human nature. You see the same thing in so many aspects of life. Consider this in light of our marriages, our parenting efforts, our jobs, our politics. The list goes on and on when it comes to this foible.

    ReplyDelete