Saturday, April 24, 2010

Have you heard from the kids lately?

This is the latest question that I pose to my beloved everyday when I call her on the way home from work. It is a question that is becoming more important to me in these days ahead. It is becoming regular. It is becoming like clockwork. And it is a question that I am really more and more interested in. You see, I want to know what is going on in their lives. I want to know how they are doing. I want to know how my one year old grandson is doing and whether or not he has taken his SAT yet. (Did I forget to mention that he is very bright and advanced?) I love them and I miss talking with them every day.

Obviously from my opening lines we have recently become "empty nesters." Our house that has been so full of love and life and laughter is now much quieter. Our kids have all moved out and I don't see them every day like I have for the last bazillion years. And, quite frankly, I miss them. I miss the sounds and the smells of a full house.

These thoughts and feelings caused me to think about this from a Spiritual perspective.

I wonder if our Heavenly Father misses us in much the same way. I wonder if He feels some of the same emotion that I feel. Does our Heavenly Father miss talking with us every day? Am I too busy to talk to Him? Does He sit around the heavenly realm and say to the Holy Spirit, "Have you heard from the kids lately?"

Photo licensed under the following terms: http://www.sxc.hu/help/7_2

1 comment: