Friday, January 06, 2006

My Theological World View -- Further Defined

I took the same quiz a second time. This time I scored a little differently. This time I scored as Evangelical Holiness / Wesleyan. I am an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. I believe that God's grace enables me to choose to believe in him, even though I myself am totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives me assurance of my salvation, and he also enables me to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. I am heavily influenced by John and Charles Wesley, James Arminius, the Nazarenes and the Methodists.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

100%

Fundamentalist

71%

Neo orthodox

57%

Reformed Evangelical

57%

Classical Liberal

50%

Emergent/Postmodern

43%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

39%

Modern Liberal

11%

Roman Catholic

7%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com

2 comments:

  1. I took the quiz while I was waiting for my first cup of coffee.
    I was 71% Evangelical Holiness Wesleyan and only 39% reformed evangelical, but here in the blog world and in the north west corner of New Mexico as well, I seem to be surrounded by reformed evangelicals who seek to save my soul by convincing me to accept the doctrine of personal predestination and divine election.
    As I was taking the quiz I found myself being middle of the road on many of the questions and wishing that I could sit down and have a good discussion about some of these. multiple choice questions always leave room for discussion.
    i have a young blog mate who is going to Azuza Pacific (that is probably spelled wrong - haven't had my coffee yet)a Free Methodist College, he is just a kid, so his theology/doctrine is still developing, but he has some real interesting opinions. I am going to link to your site, and send my husband here as well. Welcome to the confusing, yet addictive world of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will certainly get fluctuating results depending on how you answer each question. I found myself answering some questions according to what I thought they meant rather than taking the questions at face value.

    Thanks for viewing my blog. I welcome the thoughts from you, your husband and your young blog mate. I'll try to figure our how to link to yours and and reciprocate.

    ~Kevin

    ReplyDelete