Monday, May 25, 2009

Building Your Faith - Part 2 - Pray

In Part 1 I dealt briefly with the importance of reading your Bible as a way to build your faith. In Part 2, I want to consider prayer to build our faith.

How do I build my faith?


Try prayer. Prayer is really nothing more than a two-way conversation with God. Many people often shy away from prayer because they think prayer is a ritual reserved only for the clergy. However, this could not be further from the truth. Prayer is for everyone. No script is necessary. All you have to do is share your heart with God. He truly cares about every aspect of your life.


When was the last time you called your best friend on the phone and got caught up on all that has been going on in your lives?

Why not do the same thing with God?


He's waiting for your call.

2 comments:

  1. Janet Johnson1:48 AM

    So here is the question; who initiates prayer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great question! Given my understanding of prayer, we do. We are commanded to to do it. The list of Scriptures about us praying are numerous. But I think, given my understanding of God, He "initiates" the contact. Romans 5:8 says, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." And who am I to argue with the Apostle Paul?

    ReplyDelete